If you have an Epson printer, you may find the printer is stuck in Recovery Mode. This message is displayed on the product’s LCD screen and you will be unable to perform any actions until this issue is resolved. This error occurs if the firmware update procedure is interrupted, e.g. accidental powering off the product, cables being removed or the installation is canceled. To recover from this error, Epson would instruct customers to update their printer with the latest version of the firmware. However, this method does not always work. Therefore, we offer alternative solutions here.
Key combination for other models. To prevent the printer turn on before you press other buttons, you should press the buttons exact as the sequence below.
ET-2700 Series: ET-2750 ET-2760
- Power off the printer
- Power on the printer. Press and hold Home button and then press and hold Home button
- See Video
Sure Color SCP-400 Series: SC-P400, SC-P405, SC-P407, SC-P408 PX7V
- Roll + Ink + Trash Can + Power
- Wait 3-5 sec until Ink, Paper and Power LEDs are ON – then release all buttons
WF-2600 Series: WF-2630,WF-2631, WF-2650,WF-2651,
WF-2700 Series: WF-2750,WF-275
WF-4600/5600 Series: WF-4630,WF5620
- Stop + Number 1 + Home + Power
WF-2800 Series: WF-2830, WF-2850, WF-2860, WF-2861, WF-2865
WF-3700 Series: WF-3720, WF-3721, WF-3723, WF-3725, WF-3730, WF-3733
WF-4700 Series: WF-4720, WF-4730, WF-4733, WF-4734,
- Upper Right Corner of Display (not the whole black panel, just the visible blue area) + Power
- Wait for about 20 seconds or until power LED is on then release all buttons. (Kevin's tip: if you see letters in red color, then you pressed the buttons for too long. You have to re-do it.)
- You will see text on the printer's LCD monitor in WHITE color "Firmware Update Mode."
XP-200 Series: XP-230, XP-231, XP-211, XP-212, XP-213, XP-214, XP-216, XP-230, XP-231
XP-2000 Series: XP-2100, XP-2101, XP-2105
PX-040 Series: PX-046A, PX-048A
PX-2000 Series:XP-2100, XP-2101, XP-2105
- STOP (Orange Triangle)+ Color (Blue Newspaper) + Wi-Fi + Power
- Wait till all LED lights, except the Power LED is on, then release all buttons.
XP-300 Series: XP-340, XP-341, XP-342 XP-343 XP-345, XP-352, XP-355
XP-400 Series: XP-430, XP-431, XP-434, XP-440, XP-441
XP-3100 Series: XP-3100, XP-3105, EW-452A
XP-4100 Series: XP-4100 XP-4101 XP-4105
- STOP (Orange Triangle) + Left Arrow + Down Arrow + Power
- Wait until all LEDs except the Power LED is on, then Release all buttons.
WF-7000 Series: WF-7710, WF-7711, WF-7715, WF-7720, WF-7721
PX-M5000 Series: PX-M5080F, PX-M5081F
- Number 4 + Number 7 + Job Status (folder with "i") + Power
- wait 3-5 sec until Ink, Paper and Power LEDs are on, and then release all buttons