Ready-Made Modified Chipless Expression Home XP-4100/4105 (no ADF)
What is a "modified" printer?
This printer is modified with a chipless solution. The printer will show 100% of ink in any circumstances. You will no longer be bothered by "ink level is low" or "the ink is depleted." You can add ink to the cartridge whenever the ink level is low, and you will never need to buy new cartridges again.
What is included:
- 1 x XP-4105 Printer with Chipless Firmware Pre-installed. Note: this printer doesn't have an ADF (automatic document feeder) on the scanner, so you need to scan each manually. If you scan a stack of documents often, choose the other models that have ADF.
- 1 x Power cord
- 1 x Installation CD
- 1 x Product instructions
- 1 x How to disable Epson’s automatic update
- 4 x 10 ml syringes
- 4 x Long refill needles
- 1 x Set of 4 Modified Cartridges with Refill Plugs
What does the selection mean? If you selected:
- No Extra Ink: there won't be extra ink in the package
- Extra ink: total of 400 ml (100 ml black, 100 ml cyan, 100 ml magenta, and 100 ml yellow) ink in the package
- Prefilled cartridge: we will fill up the cartridge so you have ink to start with.
- No prefilled cartridge: the cartridge will be empty (no ink).
- Regular printer: for documents and photos, day-to-day printing.
- Sublimation printer: for making crafts, T-shirst, tumblers, key tags, license plates... All sublimation printers will have a complimentary 10-sheet transfer paper included.
What you will need to do:
- Install the printer driver from included CD. DO NOT install the firmware update - install the driver only.
- Connect the printer (through WiFi or USB) and enjoy.
- Disable the auto-update (detailed instruction included). Put our instruction in a safe place. If you updated the firmware by accident, follow the instruction to recover the chipless solution.
What ink should I choose:
- Dye ink Standard Grade: longer printhead life & standard UV resistance. Print daily documents and pictures (not for hanging next to windows or high UV light sources).
- Dye ink Premium Grade HUVR: longer printhead life & high UV resistance.
- Pigment Ink: shorter printhead life but waterproof & highest UV resistance.
- Sublimation Ink: not for regular printing. For heat press transfer and making things such as T-shirts and mugs. Standard grade: for most jobs. Premium grade: when you need more vibrant colors.
What should you consider when buying a printer?
- How fast should the printer print? Look at color ISO speed. Slow: 3-5 pages/min ppm (most Epson EcoTank & Home models). Normal: 5-7.5 ppm (you won't notice the speed). Fast: 7.5-10 ppm (you will feel it almost as fast as a laser printer). Real laser printer: about 19 ppm. The laser printer prints the same speed for black & color. Inkjets print color slower than black only. Therefore, when Epson says "as fast as laser", they mean comparing the black print (19 ppm for WF-3640) with either black or color prints from the laser printer.
- Does the scanner have automatic document feeder (ADF)?
- Do I want to feed the printer from the back (heavy card stock) or paper tray? Can it do both? How many paper trays are there?
- How many pages of paper does the printer hold so that I can add paper less often?
- What is the maximum paper size?
- How good the picture can be (resolution & droplet size).
For this printer, here is the answer:
- ISO Print Speed: Black: 10.0 ISO ppm; Color: 5.0 ISO ppm
- Feed: Rear feed. 100 pages
- Scanner: No ADF
- Paper Size: 3.5" x 5", 4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", Letter, Legal, A4, B5, A5, A6, half letter, executive, user definable (3.5" – 44" in length)
- Borderless Sizes:3.5" x 5", 4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10", Letter, A4, 16:9 wide
- Droplet Size: 3 picoliters
- Maxiumum Print Resolution: 5760 x 1440 optimized dpi
- Dimentions of printer: 14.8" x 22.8" x 9.5" (W x D x H)