Printhead Protective Cover for 1390 L1800 1430 Printers: 1390 1400 1410 1430 1500W
- Prevent DTF, DTG, and Sublimation printhead (or heavily used printers) from burnout.
- Protect the printhead cable from the ink backsplash.
The ink will accumulate on the bottom of the printhead when you print. Eventually, it will either flow towards the FFC cable or wipe out by the capping station. However, when too much ink is accumulated, the ink can get into the FFC cable connection and short-circuit the mainboard.
Let's face it. Epson designed printers for home office use. They do not expect you to hook up some ink tanks and print 24/7. The wiper on the cap station will wipe the waste ink towards the FFC cable, and the cap station is supposed to suck it dry. However, the printer cannot catch up with the volume you are printing, so your printer will fail when you do cleaning or have the busiest schedule.
- This cover is called the Jesus of the printheads because it SAVES. To install, simply:
- 1) Remove the FFC cable
- 2) Loop the cover through the cable
- 3) Install the cable back to the printhead as usual
- 4) Slide the cover on the printhead.
- 5) Suggestion: use silicone sealant to seal the edge of the cover and around the FFC cable.