Epson EcoTank L4150 & L4160 Waste Ink Pads Counter Software Resetter
If your Epson printer shows an error message “Service required. The printer’s ink pads are at the end of their service life. Please contact Epson support.” and your Epson Artisan 1430 printer has a red light blinking, there are two things need to be fixed.
Question1: I only have a Mac and this software is for PC only. What can I do?
Answer: Buy a PC.
Question 3: My browser/chrome won't allow me to download the file
Answer: Read "How to Order and Download" below.
Question 4: I paid and downloaded the file but when I uncompress it, I see an empty folder.
Answer: Read "How to Install and Use WIC Program" section below.
Question 5: I am worried about turning my anti-virus off, what can I do?
Answer: Don't buy this product.
First, you need to install a physical waste ink tank and divert waste ink away from your printer’s ink pads.
Here is a link to the complete product and the installation video: [Link: https://www.bchtechnologies.com/accessories/ink-tanks/waste-ink-collection-tank-for-epson-1400-1410-1430-1500w-as-ep-waste.html].
Secondly, you need to use software to reset the printer’s waste ink counter (WIC) back to zero.
There are many software sources. Some of them are claimed to be free but full of viruses and backdoor trojans. Some of them charge $10 for a key for each reset.
We spent many hours searching for reliable software and then we packed all the free software here. They are free to download (if you read the instruction). Therefore, our customers won’t get tricked by the malicious websites. However, this software is either limited by their function or need an outdated Windows to run. For example, some of them can only let us print 50 pages. [Link: https://www.bchtechnologies.com/software/epson-waste-reset/free-download-for-epson-waste-inkpad-reset.htm]
If you are not satisfied with the freeware or just want to save time from trying, we have a powerful software, which we tested and tested to be working. It unlocks Epson’s full maintenance program and not only let you reset WIC but also give you everything you need to tweak Artisan 1430.
- ONLY WORK ON THE MODEL LISTED
- This is PC Software. It doesn't work for Mac.
- We did not make this software.
- There is no guarantee that will work
- There is no guarantee that it is virus free
- Even scarier, you have to turn off your virus scanner to use them
- There is NO refund after purchase
- There is NO help support. You have to know how to use it.
- We are selling the cost of storing and transfer bandwidth for the software, not the software itself.
- No limit on how many resets per printer
- No limit on the number of printers to reset
- The software runs on Windows 7 and up, sorry no Mac
- File size: 5.17 MB
How to Order and Download:
1. Click "Add to Cart" Make sure you selected the software and set the quantity to 1. This software works on multiple PCs with unlimited reset, so doesn't make sense to order more than one.
2. Pay for it and wait for the next screen (confirmation page).
There are no physical products in the order, then product files become immediately available for you to download. You will get a link to download the files after completing payment, and will also receive an email with a download link.
Can't Download Files?
Programs whose behavior closely resembles malicious software are often the victims of false positive detections. Also prone to false positives are software programs that use file compression and protection techniques that are often employed by malware. We don’t know what Epson put in their adjustment program, but it is certain that anti-viruses don’t like it. You can try to create an “exception” for this program so that the antivirus won’t delete it in the future. Alternatively, some customers burn the program onto a CD, so nothing can delete it.
If your browser prevents downloading, this situation is caused by your computer's security software. Consequently, we published attach the program in both Zip (unzip) and RAR (WinRAR) compression formats so that the adjustment program won't be eaten by the anti-virus software. Anti-virus software will go into the zip file and delete Epson's software. Therefore, we have compressed the files in RAR format just in case. If you don’t know how to uncompress RAR files, here is free software from RARLAB (https://www.rarlab.com). The software is free unless you want to upgrade to a professional version.
Still Can't Download Files?
Email email@example.com with the order number and we can send them over via email. However, your computer still has anti-virus on, so you may still have problem using it. See the section below.
How to Install and Use WIC Program
Your computer will show an empty folder if you have any anti-virus software running. When you use the adjustment program, you still need to turn off the anti-virus for the few minutes that you are using the program. There may be much antivirus and anti-spam software on your computer so that you can’t download the software in the first place. One of them is called “Windows Defender” and is embedded in the operating system. Fortunately, you can Google “How to disable Windows Defender” and disable it.
1. We weren't clear in the video, the program to run in the Epson Adjustment Folder is called Adjprog. There should be four files in the same folder. If you don't see Adjprog, it is zapped by your AntiVirus.
2. If you see this warning, your unzipped file is zapped by the AntiVirus.
3. Even you turned the AntiVirus off; you may still have Windows' native AntiVirus running, called Windows Defender. We tested on Windows 7, 8, and 10. If you can't get it working, please seek help from a computer specialist. Again, we don't guarantee that this program will run on your computer or computers, we tested it on multiple computers before we put it here.