Chip Resetter for Epson Cartridges T2xx Series: T176, T180, T242, T243, T261, T263, T277, T200, T252, T273, and T277 (AS-RESET-EP2)
This resetter does NOT work with:
- Starter cartridges: The first set of cartridges which comes with a new printer
- Third-Party ARC chips
- Cartridges with very low ink.
- If a cartridge has an X sign on the LCD screen, it is passed the reset point.
- If a cartridge has a triangle sign, it is 10-15%. The chance of reset is low.
- Even if it doesn't have an X or triangle sign, some cartridge still won't be able to reset if the ink level is too low.
The resetter works with:
- OEM cartridges with plenty of ink
- Third-party one-time-use cartridges with plenty of ink
An Epson cartridge has a memory chip that records the number of printed pages. The printer uses the page count estimating the ink level. Therefore, a refilled cartridge won't show a correct ink level because the chip remembers the old page-count When a cartridge prints too many pages, the printer will refuse to print, no matter how much ink is left.
This chip resetter resets the page number to zero, so we can use a refilled cartridge.
When a printer shows low ink, we will take out the cartridge and add more ink. Then, we will put it on the resetter and press the cartridge down for a few seconds. A green LED light will indicate that the page number has been reset.
We need to reset (and refill) a cartridge when it has at least 15% of its ink left.
The resetter works on Epson original cartridges and most of the third party compatible cartridges. Because we can't test all the cartridges from the third party manufacturers, we only say the resetter works with all of the tested ones.
The resetter only works with these cartridge models (Doesn't work for T220, T288, T410...not listed ones):
T176, T180, T242, T243, T261, T263, T277, T200, T252, T273, and T277
WorkForce WF-3620 WF-3640 WF-7110 WF-7610 Wf-7110 WF-7620
Epson 24 Elephant
Epson 26 Polar Bear
Hi, I'm Jean.
I have a question about this resetter.
I have a xp-330 Epson printer and the cartridge is T288.
Can I use this resetter in my printer?
Reply from BCH:
No, this resetter doesn't work for T288, T202, T220, or T410
I am so happy to find this for my T252. It works!
You guys made me a believer! I reset my T252 cartridge and now it's full!