Chip Resetter for Epson 7-Pin Cartridges T0xx Series: T048 T049 T054 T055 T056 T057 T058 T059 T060 T062 T068 T069 T071 T077 T078 T079 T080 T081 T088 T099T098 (AS-RESET-EP0)
This resetter does NOT work with:
- Starter cartridges: The first set of cartridges which comes with a new printer
- Third-Party ARC chips
- OEM cartridges with very low ink (<15% of ink).
- If a cartridge has an X sign on the LCD screen, it is passed the reset point.
- If a cartridge has a triangle warning sign, the chance of reset is low because it indicates 10-15% of ink
- Even if it doesn't have an X or triangle sign, some cartridge still won't be able to reset if the ink level is too low.
The resetter works with:
- OEM cartridges with plenty of ink
- Third-party one-time-use cartridges with plenty of ink
Question: My cartridge model is T0xx (T079, T088, T098, T099...). This chip resetter is for 7 pin cartridges but my cartridges have 9 pins on the chip. Will this resetter work for mine?
Answer: This resetter works with all chips starting with T0, so it should work with your T0xx. For the 9-pins, skip the top left and bottom left pin (see picture)
An Epson cartridge has a memory chip that records the number of printed pages. The printer uses the page count estimating the ink level. Therefore, a refilled cartridge won't show a correct ink level because the chip remembers the old page-count When a cartridge prints too many pages, the printer will refuse to print, no matter how much ink is left.
This chip resetter resets the page number to zero, so we can use a refilled cartridge.
When a printer shows low ink, we will take out the cartridge and add more ink. Then, we will put it on the resetter and press the cartridge down for a few seconds. A green LED light will indicate that the page number has been reset.
We need to reset (and refill) a cartridge when it has at least 15% of its ink left.
The resetter works on Epson original cartridges and most of the third party compatible cartridges. Because we can't test all the cartridges from the third party manufacturers, we only say the resetter works with all of the tested ones.
The resetter only works with these cartridge models:
T007 T008 T009 T013 T014 T016 T018 T026 T027 T028 T029 T032 T033 T034 T035 T036 T037 T038 T040 T041 T042 T043 T044 T045 T047 T048 T049 T054 T055 T056 T057 T058 T059 T060 T062 T068 T069 T071 T077 T078 T079 T080 T081 T088 T09 T098
Don't know how to refill? Watch this video. It uses T079 as an example. (The resetter is used at 5:30 in the video)